How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask physician123 Your Own Question
physician123, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3391
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
physician123 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I continue to have pain and discomfort in the upper stomach,

Customer Question

I continue to have pain and discomfort in the upper stomach, chest area. I have been to ER and they checked out my heart and it was good. They did chest x-ray and saw the heidal hernia and acid reflux and gave me maalox and nexium and some pain medication. I went to my primary care doctor who is making an appointment with gastroologist. I feel that the hernia is causing alot of the pain as it goes through to the back. The doctor's say they don't think that it could cause it but I disagree. I have had my gallbladder out and have scar tissue in that area too so really would like to know what is going on but realize that it probably will need more tests. I read an articile in the New York Times on women with hernia's how doctors have problem making right diagnosis and correct the problem. The articile is titled,"In Women, Hernias May Be Hidden I hope I will have better luck soon with the correct diagnosis.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  physician123 replied 6 years ago.

physician123 :


physician123 :

Welcome to just answer.