Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

why would my blood pressure go up right after eating ,along

why would my blood pressure go up right after eating ,along with heart rate. 124/76 - 101hr i monitor bp because i have had a stroke and i always feel bad after i eat. also have type 2 but is controled pretty good with meds. is it normal for this to happen to someone in my circumstance.

thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 years ago.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

Well when you eat this activates your GI tract. This therefore increases blood flow to your stomach and intestines. In this way it is similar in a way to exercise. This increases your blood flow to your GI tract and your heart rate will therefore increase.

Anthony Bray MD :

Now generally when you have an increase in heart rate this will correspond to an increase in blood pressure. This latter factor can vary however.

Anthony Bray MD :

Your BP at 126/76 is fine and not a problem though.

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope this information helps. If you have further questions then let me know and i will be happy to get back with you.

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD