How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask drknowsbest Your Own Question
drknowsbest, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1496
Experience:  DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health
Type Your Health Question Here...
drknowsbest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 23, 1 child (3 yrs old) vaginal birth, smoke 1/2 pack a

Resolved Question:

I am 23, 1 child (3 yrs old) vaginal birth, smoke 1/2 pack a day, drink lightly about 1/wk, no meds, have mirena in, 110% sure not pregnant. Suffering from lower abdominal pain and lower back pain. Wet the bed this morning. Haven't done so in over 15 years. Can you please help me understand why I might be going through these symptoms.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  drknowsbest replied 6 years ago.
drknowsbest :

most likely a urinary tract infection-i would see your dr for a urinalysis

drknowsbest :

as long as you know you are not pregnant this is likely-with inflammation or infection a side effect can be incontinence and this also can explain the lower abdominal pain (typical of a bladder infection)

Expert:  drknowsbest replied 6 years ago.
since you are out of chat i switched to regular q/a if no more questions please accept
drknowsbest and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
that is what i thought. but i went twice to a physician because of these symptoms (minus bed wetting) and tested negative for uti.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

if you sent a response i did not recieve it....

Expert:  drknowsbest replied 6 years ago.
ok, now with the episode of bed wetting could be something different but i would have urodynamic studies done with a urologist which can check function and abnormalities in bladder itself
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thank you for the advice. :-)

Related Health Questions