How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Abby Your Own Question
Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 10330
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Abby is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has developed very small blood spots on his

Resolved Question:

My husband has developed very small blood spots on his testicles and some have grown big and raised, similar to warts. This has gradually got worse and now I am so worried that I may have infected him with something, probably from years ago. We have been together for 12 years. Could you please advise me what to do and what the treatment would be.
We live in a small village and the family doctor is a friend so so not want to consult him.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

Do they all look like blood spots or do some appear different (pink, brown or flesh colored?)

dr abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There are masses of very small blood spots under the skin and some have developed into quite ball-like pink/brown spots. He has been suffering from a sweat rash in this groin area and have been treating this with Clotimazole Cream which has helped but it keeps coming back. Would this be an infection?

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
The blood spots under the skin may be what are called angiokeratomas. These are benign dilated capillary blood vessels on the surface of the skin and they do not require treatment.
They are more common in men over 40..they can bleed if scratched.

The ball-like pink/brown spots, on the other hand, sound like a different issue. These could be warts or skin tags. Skin tags hand from a thin stalk and can be confused with warts occasionally.

If you have had genital warts years ago, it is possible that you transmitted the virus to your husband...or your husband may have had the virus dormant in his body for many years. If you had cervical HPV, this is a different type of HPV that does not usually cause genital warts.

There are several options for treating warts--instead of seeing your GP, your husband can see a urologist for diagnosis and treatment to keep things private. A cream (such as Condylox or Aldara) can be applied at home for several weeks (it is a prescription). They can be lasered or frozen as well as burned off depending on what your husband decides.

The groin rash may be jock itch (fungal) does not cause wart like growths on the scrotum so there are probably two separate issues going on.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Would I be able to get condylox or aldara cream without going to the doctors? Is this available on the internet?

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
No, he would need to see a doctor for the prescription.

I understand the reluctance given the fact that you live in a small town. But the creams used to treat are quite strong and irritating to the surrounding skin if not used correctly.

He needs to have them looked at to make sure they truly are warts...if they are not, using the cream may cause him more harm than good.

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
Dr. Abby and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you