CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

after some dental work, i sufferedsevere headaches, speech

after some dental work, i sufferedsevere headaches, speech impairment also and surplus saliva.......

Headache now gone but speech and saliva problem remain.....
Tooth has abcess ad was filled mistakingly....... hence the problem, offending tooth now removed
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. What kind of speech impairment? Was it an upper tooth? HAve you completed antibiotic therapy?

Customer:

Its a long time ago, as i mentioned earlier, but speech and saliva still with me......

CamilleRN :

Apparently damage was done to your salivary gland and possibly the speech area of your brain. What did the Doctor tell you happened? Have you had speech therapy? HAve you ever been put on medications that decrease saliva production?

Customer:

it was the last tooth on back of right side of mouth

Customer:

No i did not go for speech therapy, i attended dental hospital for one year and they did not pay much attention to speech as they coud understand me...

CamilleRN :

I would recommend you ask your Doctor to order speech therapy, a Speech Therapist will evaluate your speech and develop a treatment plan to include various speech exercises that may be able to help you.

Customer:

I feel it could be mechanical as the bite was misaligned for long time and some numbing around mouth ,and sudden jerking of jaw.......

CamilleRN :

This is highly possible..and the very best person to evaluate this and tell you what is causing the problem would be a speech therapist. I really think this will answer alot of your questions about your speech issues as well as address and hopefully eliminate the problem.