Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had a sudden attack of gout and was pescribed colcrys 0.6

I had a sudden attack of gout and was pescribed colcrys 0.6 tablets 3 times a day.was told to stop after 4 days because of diararea. was also told to take one tablet of allopurinol 300 mg every day after gout signs were gone. I am scared to take this med after reading of possible side effects
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Which side effects specifically you are scared of?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am afraid of all ,such as rash .breading difficulties all of which can lead to a fatality
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Every medicine has side effect. The side effects you have mentioned can be seen with any drug we take even simple aspirin we take can give a reaction that can prove fatal.

If you will read on net , you will always get afraid because in literature every possible side effect is mentioned but its not so that we get all. The side effects you are afraid of specially which you have mentioned happens ver rarely and in those are allergic to the drug. Otherwise if you are not allergic and if you take normal dosage prescribed by doctor its rare to get side effects.

Just relax and take your medicine, allupurinol will definitely help you in saving from further attacks.

I hope this helps you.

Please click ACCEPT if i have answered your question.

regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am also concerned about driving
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your input.

If you are concerned about sedation then i must tell you that this drug has no such side effect ad cannot interfere with your driving.

If any query please ask.

Regards