Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Ok heres my situation, 3 days ago i started to expierence

ok heres my situation, 3 days ago i started to expierence some itching around my vulva. i didnt think too much of it, such as STDs because i abstain from all types of sex except masturbation, and thought maybe an allergic reaction to the new detergent. well today i started to notice a smell. its not strong but it is there, whereas it wasnt before. it's red but it doesn't burn when i urinate. i don't know what this could possibly be but it's pretty embarassing. please help me!
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Is there any vaginal discharge?
When did you have done last masturbation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

there was some discharge right before my shower 45 minutes ago. and i last masturbated the day this all started .

Thanks for the info given.
The vaginal odor you are having sounds to be a vaginal infection. to yeast or it can be bacterial vaginosis.Bacterial vaginosis is caused by a combination of multiple bacteria.It is the most common vaginal infection. If the infection isn't treated, the bacteria may get up into the uterus or the fallopian tubes and cause more serious infections.
It is treatable with antibiotics prescribed by a health care provider.
Till then apply ointment vagmycin vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum antibiotic with an anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription.So I advice you to consult your doctor for the prescription of oral antibiotic treatment.
Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.
Regards-
Dr.Charles
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thank you so much but a couple more things, i dont have a doctor right now so is there any other kind of oral medication that comparable? what kind of cream should i use? is monistat a good one?

There is no OTC oral antibiotic medication to relieve this. But to get relief, you can take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg , it will get relief from the inflammation & redness.It is available as OTC without prescription.
Monistat is only anti fungal against yeast. Your infection can be bacterial also. So you need to apply ointment vagmycin vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum antibiotic with an anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription.
Regards-
Dr.Charles