How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16308
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a solitary phlebolith in the left hemipelvis. I have

Customer Question

I have a solitary phlebolith in the left hemipelvis. I have had pain for over 3 years in this exact spot. I keep going to dr. After dr. For this. They are mow recommending a vein specialist. Would you see a vein specialist for this? Can they cause pain for this long? I always have blood in my urine and now I am starting to pass little like tissue type things that are very painful. Whatbis your suggestion to do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.


Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. A phlebolith is a calcification within the wall of a vein. It is seen by a vascular specialist if it is symptomatic. Generally they are harmless and cause no symptoms. They can be a symptom of having another disease though such as a hemangioma (a benign tumor) in the colorectal area. They are sometimes difficult to differentiate from kidney stones depending on where they are.