How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S Your Own Question
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 20950
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been hearing a fast druming sound in my right ear or

Resolved Question:

I have been hearing a fast druming sound in my right ear or fast pop popping sound. Any ideas what this could be. It goes on all the time. If i put ear plugs in or stick my finger in the ear it does help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom, pain or discharge from ear? Was any test done? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
All the time now. No pain or discharge in either ear. No tests.. No meds other then daily estergen 1mil gram. No past illness. Very healthy.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The constant drumming sound in the ears sounds like tinnitus. There are many causes for tinnitus, but some times no cause can be evident also. The causes may be -ear infection, exposure to loud sound, ear wax, stiffening of bones of the ear or otosclerosis. There may be vascular causes like high blood pressure, blood vessel malformation, or abnormal flow of blood may lead to this feeling. Sometimes anxiety , depression or taking of medicines like antibiotics , aspirin , water pills etc. may also cause it. As you do not take such medicine & have tried to clear the ear wax that has not helped, I would advise to consult an ENT specialist to have an examination. The treatment will depend on the condition. Some other measure which can help you to reduce it at night or in quiet places are white noise machines, hearing aids, masking devices, sound of fan etc. You can try those till you can consult doctor.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Dr. Su S and other Health Specialists are ready to help you