drknowsbest
drknowsbest, Doctor
Experience:  DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health
9384716

I have some inflammation on the skin of my penis behind the

I have some inflammation on the skin of my penis behind the head. I believe it may have come from stimulation but it continues to bother me. What kind of cream would be recommended to heal that area of irritation?
Thanks, JM
drknowsbest :

short of just trying vaseline you should see your dr, sometimes we use low potency steroid creams (like cortaid) buteven these can cause damage to the area applied like thinning or color change

drknowsbest :

if the vitamin E helped it is less likely a problematic area (there are some penile cancers that can appear this way)

drknowsbest :

although i would feel better if your dr checked it first cortaid otc is the lowest potency steroid cream, you can try that for a week or so and if still no change see your dr

as i see you are offline i will switch to q/a mode

please accept if no more questions