Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I took an etg test earlier this morning and havent drank for

i took an etg test earlier this morning and havent drank for approximately 96 hours and have worked out vigorously on tuesday, wednesday and thursday. will I pass the test? i am approximately 5'10' and weigh between 185-190 and in pretty good shape fitness-wise
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
EtG test detects alcohol metabolite Ethyl glucuronide in urine. Presence of this metabolite indicate recent alcohol ingestion. This test can detect alcohol intake up to 80 hours from the last ingestion. If your intake was 96 hours ago, then you are in safer side.
You can read more about it from this link.
http://www.ehow.com/about_5452449_alcohol-urinalysis.html
Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my last amount of consumption was sunday afternoon and then drank water, juice, organge juice, gatorade and soy milk from then on, as well as working out. my follow-up question is "Is the 80 mark the standard for these test, or do they become less reliable outside that 80 hour mark?"
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
I think you are pretty safe and outside the detection time frame. 80 hours is the maximum time frame, many people reach undetectable limits before 80 hours. Your intake was around 96 hours ago, so I don't think that you will test positive.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your time and help, this will help me sleep a little better.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
You are welcome!
Thank you for visiting just answer.