How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have strange body sensations everywhere from the inside of

Resolved Question:

I have strange body sensations everywhere from the inside of my mouth, face, legs, arms, hands, back, neck, feet. .... everywhere. Feels kind of like pressure, mild numbness/tingling, moves from one place to another. Inconsistent. Not all the time or even every day. What is going on? I don't know what kind of MD to even see for something like this!
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Hello Madam,

Please answer these few questions -

Since when all this is happening?

Any other symptoms you would like to mention?

Currently undergoing any stress, are you also depressed, anxious?

Are you suffering from or have suffered in past from any medical disease?

Currently taking any medicines?

Any history of consuming alcohol / drugs?

Have you consulted any doctor for this problem, if yes, what was his or her diagnosis?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It started about a year ago with occasionl tingling on my nose/face. I did mention it to MD a time or two, but never really got a response. I am overweight, have inflammation issues (currently wrist tendonitis). My ankles swell occasionally. I take simvastatin for cholesterol. She has wanted me to start taking high blood pressure meds (but I have not taken any at this time) and gave me a script for (possible) acid reflux (which I also am not taking). I don't take any drugs - just occasional vitamins (multi, fish oil, Calcium/Magnesium, CoQ10 - but not on a regular basis. I don't like idea of possible side effects (dizziness, liver disease, etc.) I occasionally have a glass of wine - but not daily or even weekly. I do get occasional discomfort in chest.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for a detailed reply. Your question was "I don't know what kind of MD to even see for something like this!" and on the basis of what you have mentioned, in my view the ideal person to consult would be a neurologist as it appears to be a neurological problem to me if general anxiety is ruled out.

If your doctor is M.D in (Medicine) he or she may also offer you some insight regarding the illness after doing a proper neurological examination or can refer you to an neurologist.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What kind of testing does a neurologist do?
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Please click the link below to know the type of test and examination neurologist perform while doing a neurological evaluation.

What Is a Neurologist?Neurological examination
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How is general anxiety a possible explanation?! I'm more worried that it could be a heart issue, or like you said a neurological problem of some sort. I don't get the anxiety answer.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
You are absolutely right.

Being a Psychiatrist myself I have seen patient presenting with this type of complaint because sometimes anxiety may manifest in this manner but considering your medical history I guess it might be an neurological issue and that is why I told you to consult an neurologist not a psychiatrist.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay. Thanks for your insight.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
You are most welcome. I wish you a very early and speedy recovery.

Thanks for coming to JA.

Best wishes,

Dr. Vikas and other Health Specialists are ready to help you