Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I broke up with my ex few months ago and recently I learned

I broke up with my ex few months ago and recently I learned that she is infected with HVP. What concerned me is that I noticed change in my body; for example, I get this white residue on my penis (I know it's not an issue of hygiene because I shower every night) and I also notice change in my stool (it's not solid as before it's in small pieces). Am I infected with HVP or do I have penile cancer. How do I treated for HVP?
dear customer,

how long are the symptoms?
was your girlfriend infected with human papilloma virus?
is there any warts?
is the white residue removable?
did you consult a doctor yet?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
symptoms are about 2 months old
I believe she is infected w/hpv
no sign of wart
white residue is removable (but I never have it before)
I however notice that I recently experienced frequent constipation
have not consult a doctor yet want to get your expertise advise first
dear customer,

The HPV is the human pappiloma virus and commonly causes genital warts.It is virus infection and usually does not require treatment.

The symptoms include the genital warts, common warts, plantar warts and flat warts.

If the lession does not subside by its own then the treatment is applying the drugs directly on the lession to subside it.

The drugs commonly used are salicylic acid, podofilox, tricholoroacetic acid, and aldara.

The removable white residue may be the smegma which is a normal secretions and should not be worried about.

The constipation may not be related to the disease and you should take more raw fruits and vegetables to treat it.The psyllium husk may also be used at bed time for constipation.

Here is the link for more information

treatment of HPV

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I forgot to mention that I'm uncircumcised when I pull my foreskin back I notice the area are red ( I don't know whether it's from dry skin) and that is when I notice white residue. I never have smegma before and now I'm getting it. Is this something I have to see doctor about? My final and important question for you is how do I know whether I'm infected with HPV virus?
Dear customer,

There is no test for men to check HPV status as the HPV usually goes away on its own, without causing health problems.

The red skin may be due to inflammation and smear examination and urine test may be done to rule out any UTi.

Here is the link for more information

test for HPV

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about smegma I never have it before and now I'm getting it. Is that a serious matter?
Thanks, doc!
dear customer,

The smegma is a normal secretion of the glands and should not be worried about.

If it gets infected then antiseptic lotion and antibiotics short course may be taken after consulting doctor.

thank you