Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

The left side of my face is swollen from the bottom eyelid

Customer Question
to my chin. If I...
The left side of my face is swollen from the bottom eyelid to my chin. If I touch it just to the left of the bottom of my nose, I experience severe pain that seems to shoot across my face. I had a small sinus infection but it seemed to be gone just prior to waking up with this swelling. This is the 2nd day of it and the swelling doesn't seem to be going down. The pain also seems to be increasing.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2011
Health Professional: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
DR HASAN :

Hi

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your question

DR HASAN :

Do you have symptoms like nasal obstruction , nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat, fever, cough, throat irritation ?

Customer:

No. That cleared up about 4 days ago.

DR HASAN :

Do you feel pain pressing the tip of nose?

Customer:

No pain pressing the tip of my nose. Well, if I push it hard, it hurts in the same place as before. It feels like neural pain.

DR HASAN :

But there should be no swelling with neurological pain

DR HASAN :

so this does sounds like either sinusitis or cellulitis(superficial skin infection)

Customer:

If it's sinusitis, wouldn't I have congested sinuses? I seem to have sinus pain but no congestion. What should I do for this?

DR HASAN :

I am an Ear, Nose & throat specialist and i suspect sinusitis and we see many patients like this

DR HASAN :

I am suggesting OTC drugs which you can start with

DR HASAN :

and afterwards you should see your doctor to get antibiotics because they are required

Customer:

Which OTC meds?

DR HASAN :

The second possibility is that of cellulitis and the medicines will help you with too

DR HASAN :

Xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for seven days

DR HASAN :

Tab Aleve twice daily

DR HASAN :

Tab Sudafed twice daily

DR HASAN :

Tab Claritin once daily

DR HASAN :

Take steam inhalation with menthol drops

DR HASAN :

twice daily

DR HASAN :

Use sudafed and xylometazoline if no high blood pressure issues

DR HASAN :

apply warm compresses to that area

Customer:

What is cellulitis?

DR HASAN :

its just a skin infection

DR HASAN :

which spreads to the adjacent areas

DR HASAN :

so anything you want to ask for clarification

DR HASAN :

Good luck

Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor