How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Abby Your Own Question
Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 10330
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Abby is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have watery looking lumps on my chin they seem to have

Resolved Question:

i have watery looking lumps on my chin they seem to have spread a little since last night they are now starting to oooz and look yellowey? what is this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.

Is there any redness to the skin?
Honey colored crust?

Dr abby
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is honey colour looking between the lumps and it does get itchy
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 6 years ago.
This may be a skin infection, then, if you are noting a honey colored crusting.

Impetigo, a skin infection caused by staph or strep, causes these symptoms.

It is treated with antibiotic cream (only available by prescription) called mupirocin.

If this is truly impetigo, it is contagious. For this reason, I do recommend that you see your doctor today so that you can be accurately diagnosed and treated.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
Dr. Abby and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me what impetigo is? what is staph or strep?