CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

MY doctor has just perscribed me amirol to aleviate the symptoms

Customer Question

MY doctor has just perscribed me amirol to aleviate the symptoms of restless leg syndrome.
I have been on it for two nights - the second night had a really great sleep, but feeling headachy, tired, light- headed, and almost dispressed (unusual for me as I have a happy disposition). I googled amirol and was shocked to see the side-effects - what is the point in taking this drug if it is only going to make me more tired, plus,have other side effects? Do these side effects subside and if so how long does it take? Will my body become immune to the positive effects it has which is helping me sleep?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. As in the case with most medications, such side effects normally subside after a few weeks,without becomming immune to the positive effects of the medication. I would ask that you let your Dr know what you are experiencing, he may want to adjust the dose.