Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

I am 41 healthy but last week I got a bump in middle of my

I am 41 healthy but last week I got a bump in middle of my forehead. It looks like I was hit or stung by something but I WAS NOT.....Its hard like a knot and it HURTS when I touch.....I kept thinking would reduce in size or redness and I am now on day 7..Should I be in panic mode? I Read where skin cancer is raised but this is not brown ,,just like a total sting of some sort...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 6 years ago.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

You probably have a skin pore that has become clogged and may be getting infected. See your doctor to be evaluated for possible drainage or antibiotis. You may consider putting warm compresses on it to draw it out.

Dr. E

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi from New york...thanks..so I work out pretty hard every day...could this be caused by sweat ...I get facials and stuff so wondering how can prevent...? Sorry about your weather....you would prob be doing anything to sweat outside....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi from New york...thanks..so I work out pretty hard every day...could this be caused by sweat ...I get facials and stuff so wondering how can prevent...? Sorry about your weather....you would prob be doing anything to sweat outside....Oh also what kind of doctor...a dematologist or do I need to go more internal??