How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My menstrual has been on for 2 months and sometimes i bleed

Resolved Question:

my menstrual has been on for 2 months and sometimes i bleed light as ifits going away but than it gets right back heavy went to the doctor tey said it wuz an infection an the gave me antibiots but its getting wrst an am hurting badder
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

When have you consulted doctor last?

When the antibiotic was started?

Is there any pain in abdomen?

How is urine color?

Did you have any test?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i went to the doctor on february the 2.i started takin my antibiotics the same day i have no pain except really badd cramps.they didnt run any tests and canttell my urine color cauze its only blood
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

Prolonged or frequent menstruation can be due to a few causes.

Those can infection, hormonal imbalance , fibroid uterus, any growth, dysfunction of ovaries, stress etc.

Miscarriage or incomplete abortion should be ruled out.

After taking antibiotic still you are having cramps along with bleeding.

Infection may not there as after antibiotic symptoms persist.

Prolonged heavy bleeding can develop into anemia.

You need to have a pelvic examination by a gynecologist.

If he feels ,hormone study, ultrasonogram etc. will be needed to get the precise diagnosis.

You can apply warm moist compress there.

Antiinflammatory analgesics like motrin can be tried till you see doctor.

I hope this information helps.

Happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and other Health Specialists are ready to help you