Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

My doctor is away for another 10 days and amongst many

Customer Question

My doctor is away for another 10 days and amongst many health problems I have Atrial Fibrillation. Past week I have felt light headed and slept a lot. Yesterday I used my home blood pressure machine. BP117/78 - P118. BP106/82.. P119. BP today 106.82. P119. BP129/86/P117
Doctor told me if it gets too high as it has in past (not surewhat it was) and he isntavailable to phone an ambulance, Thank You I am 77 years of age - female
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 6 years ago.
Your BP is going perfect up till now but pulse is a bit higher today.However,as there are no other symptoms (like shortness of breath,dizziness ,sleepiness,chest pain etc.)there is no need to go hospital just for a raised pulse.Please keep in mind that your pulse should be under 100 .So just keep checking pulse every hour and take rest at home.If pulse increases like it reaches to 150 or 200 then there can be need to go hospital.
Regards