How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Julia Kizhner Your Own Question
Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1126
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
Type Your Health Question Here...
Julia Kizhner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have small wart like little bumps or scabs all over my

Customer Question

I have small wart like little bumps or scabs all over my back and stomach,only a few on my shoulders,there a little darker than my skin, they itch some times not always,when i get out of the shower they seem to itch more. they hurt if i pick at them. and the larger ones bleed a little,there is no pattern there scattered all around my torso.ive tryed changing soap, no luck,food,deodorants,dont have a clue. please help thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

I am sorry you have been waiting a while to receive a response.

Could you tell me if these spots seem to be stuck on top of the skin or are they under the skin?

I am sending a link to a couple of pictures...please take a look and let me know if your spots look similar to the ones on the picture.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi, well no not really, there much smaller than in the pictures they kind of look like the real small ones though in the first picture you sent.
they are above the skin,
not under, the ones on my back itch the most, , maybe because im leaning on it while sitting down in a chair and it rubs ? like i said they seem to itch more when i take a hot shower,my husband has some on his back also, not on his stomach, like me,
but he doesnt have very many, i have a lot, they drive me crazy, please help ?
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your reply,

The spots that you have are very common and are called Seborrheic Keratosis.

These spots are genetic (which means someone in your family had them and passed them on to you) and start to appear as you get older (we jokingly called them "signs of maturity"). Although they do resemble warts, they are not warts and are not contagious.

They can itch especially in the drier winter months. The only way to get rid of them is by doing liquid nitrogen treatment (called cryotherapy). This should be done by a dermatologist. Insurance companies don't like to pay for this treatment (because it is considered cosmetic nuisance) but if you say that they itch and bleed, the treatment should be covered.

You can also alleviate some of the itching by using an over-the-counter medicated moisturizer called Ammonium Lactate. This lotion can sometimes get rid of the small ones but generally we use it to control the itching.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont think that this helps thanks anyway