How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 11946
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My right outer ear has gone numb (ear lobe etc..) Im really

This answer was rated:

My right outer ear has gone numb (ear lobe etc..) Im really worried?
How about the face on that side?

The inside of your throat?

Is there a rash in that area?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My face feels like it may be starting to go numb (around the area under my ear) there is no rash but my ear is very pale. My throat seems fine.

Is this around your cheek area, or more toward the back of the ear?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'd say it was more to the back of my ear, but i can also feel numbness towards my cheek also.

It the entire ear lobe affected, or is it worst on the top, or the back, or the bottom, or front?

And do you feel the numbness is improving?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The entire ear lobe is affected, the top has some feeling it it worse at the bottom and front.

You seem to have numbness that corresponds with the greater auricular nerve:

which supplies sensation to the area mostly to the bottom of the ear and the neck area below the ear.

It is a superficial nerve that runs in the skin from the neck area to the ear. If it was compressed overnight (sleeping on that area with a lot of pressure, for example) you can have numbness in that area, which hopefully will get better with time.

If you continue to have numbness, or worsening numbness -- then having your doctor examine this area would be best. But most of these types of things do get better on their own.
Dr. Mark and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions