How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S Your Own Question
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 20949
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 44 years old and I can't get an erection and one of my

Resolved Question:

I am 44 years old and I can't get an erection and one of my testicles is three times the size of the other one do I need viagra or could something else be wrong ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.


Since how long? Do you have any pain? Is there any redness?What is its consistency? Do you have any tenderness? Do have any other associate disease? Do you have diabetes or high blood pressure? Are you on any medication? Do you have any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
about 3 months no pain or redness on no medicine some mornings I wake up with a half erection untill I use the restroom no disease past or present only high cholesterol.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The swollen testis can be due to a few probables. It can be due to enlargement of testis itself or it can be due to a collection of fluid in the sac surrounding the testis forming hydrocele. Enlargement of testis itself can occur from inflammation, infection , growth, dilatation of veins or varicocele etc. In addition to physical examination you may need tests like ultrasound, blood ,urine analysis etc. Erection problem may occur in cases of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or some neurological causes or drugs. However it may also occur from anxiety , stress, or tension. At this stage, I would advise to get an examination by doctor. Doctor can then ask for tests, if he thinks necessary. Treatment will then follow accordingly.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Dr. Su S and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you