How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S Your Own Question
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 20988
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have recently taken an urine test directed by my Dr. to

Resolved Question:

I have recently taken an urine test directed by my Dr. to check for early kidney damage (I am a 73 Yr. old male). Apparently the tests show that I am leaking some protein.
The Dr. has presecirbed Lisinopril for this kidney issue. However, when I googled the
brand name Lisinopril, it says this drug is used for high blood pressure and hypertension?
It says nothing about this drug used for kidney's leaking some protein?
What do you think?
Les Schuller
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

Lisinopril belongs to the group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE inhibitors have been shown to reduce proteinuria & deterioration of kidney function independent of their antihypertensive effect. Please read this authentic link on it.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Dr. Su S and other Health Specialists are ready to help you