How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4010
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi. I am still recovering from a brutal rash that I get periodically

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am still recovering from a brutal rash that I get periodically that is in patches all over my body - when it itches in one place it itches all over. I end up with scabby little sores all over me. It lasts about 2 weeks. I have been dealing with a nerve wracking situation and the rash had surfeced again. I noticed that I always seem to have mouth sores on my tongue, behind my lips. on on the roof of my mouth. Someone told me this sounded viral / Herpes related. If that's possible, is there something I can do to control the outbreaks?

Dear customer,
Greetings.You may be having atopic dermatitis or eczema,viral infections including herpes,acute urticaria,Lichenoid dermatitis,drug induced rash,Contact Dermatitis or a idiopathic rash.There may be secondary infection likeStaph/strep which causes the sores.You need to avoid contact with possible allergens.Avoid hot baths and scrubbing hard while drying the body.Use of a neutral emmollient will help in soothing the skin.Get your doctor to check any medicines you are taking to avoid drug induced itch.Checking for common and local allergens with a patch test may help.Ruling out Diabetes, chronic renal or liver disease,Psoriasis and Neurodermatitis will help.You need to sse your doctor/Dermatologist for a diagnosis and management of the problem.Use of nonsedating antihistaminics like Loratidine(Claritin) and Fexofenadine(Allegra) and sedating antihistaminics like Atarax/Benadryl will help.
Vakul Aren and 6 other Health Specialists are ready to help you