How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Jerry E Your Own Question
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1085
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Jerry E is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 34 year old male. That has been having chest pains

Resolved Question:

I am a 34 year old male. That has been having chest pains for a month. The symptoms of the chest pain vary in intensity. Mild to very irritating discomfort. 3 weeks ago I had and EKG, Echo with stress test, Chest Cat scan with contrast. Have been to the ER with chest pain 3 times and the doctors have found nothing. I have had several life changing events in the past 3 months. Getting married, change or residence, and new job. Anxiety medication seems to help the pain sometimes.
However about half and hour after I fall asleep, I am awaken by chest discomfort. Could I arterial spasms?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 6 years ago.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

It could be arterial spasm (prinzmetal's angina), or it could be electrolyte disturbance or a thyroid issue which can be checked with blood tests. Anxiety is always a diagnosis we need to keep in the back of our minds.

Dr. E

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How dangerous is an arterial spasm?
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 6 years ago.

It can be dangerous - it predisposes to heart rhythm problems and even heart attack - you should talk to your doctor about the possibility of cardiac catheterization if they do suspect arterial spasm. There is medication you can take to reduce the spasm.

Dr. E

Dr. Jerry E and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you