Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Got copd fell 2weeks ago and hurt my ribs on the right hand

Customer Question

got copd fell 2weeks ago and hurt my ribs on the right hand side and now when i taking deep breath i get a sharp pain and my breathing abit worse
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
You may have fractured a rib which can cause these symptoms. An X-ray test can be done to evaluate this. The treatment of rib fracture is mostly supportive with rest and analgesics. Continue with what you are doing, and see your doctor for examination. If pain is severe, you may need prescription analgesics. Also drink plenty of fluids and electrolytes.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
was at a&e this morning done a xray and says it fractured as u said but he also says a small amount of fluid went thru and said it should move itself do u think it will go away itself even with me having copd
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
if the fluid is of very small amount, then it should clear up on its own in few days. However do watch out for any worsening of symptoms such as shortness of breath, severe cough, breathing difficulty, fever etc.
Regards