Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

alt(gpt)ast(got) on bloob test

alt(gpt)ast(got) on bloob test
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
What is the values of this test?
Are you alcoholic?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
241 alt 165 ast
Thanks for the info given.
Serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT)- also called Aspartate transaminase(AST),serum glutamic pyruvate transaminase(SGPT) also called Alanine transaminase (ALT) are abnormally increased in conditions where cells of the liver have been inflamed or undergone cell death. Any form of hepatic cell damage can result in an elevation in the liver enzymes especially SGOT.

The normal ranges for AST and ALT are around 0 to 40 IU/L and 0 to 45 IU/L respectively. Your value of AST & ALT are 241 & 165. It is above normal value. You need further liver function tests & other blood tests , more specialised tests to reach to the exact diagnosis:Prothrombin (INR) - sensitive marker of hepatic synthetic function,viral serology,Immunoglobulins,serum ferritin and transferrin saturation,auto antibody screen,ultrasound are required

to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.