How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Singh Your Own Question
Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6496
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Singh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Doctor, I have some kind of canker sores in my mouth. How

Resolved Question:

Dear Doctor,
I have some kind of canker sores in my mouth.
How can I get rid of them ?
Thank you .
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
Usually oral canker sores resolve on their own in a few days. Should the sores be large, painful, or persistent, your dentist may prescribe an antimicrobial mouth rinse, a corticosteroid ointment.

Some things that can be done to prevent future canker sores:
  1. Avoiding foods spicy or acidic foods that irritate your mouth
  2. Avoiding irritation from gum chewing
  3. Brushing with a soft-bristled brush after meals and flossing daily, which will keep your mouth free of foods that might trigger a sore.
Dr. Singh and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you