How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Singh Your Own Question
Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6496
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Singh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ihave a bad callus on the bottom of my foot,it hurts to walk.

Resolved Question:

Ihave a bad callus on the bottom of my foot,it hurts to walk. Now I have yellow spot in the callus about the size of a pea. It really hurts when I press on it. What is it ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
A callus is formed on the foot due to uneven or excessive pressure on certain areas of the food. This is a collection of dead cells and it can get inflamed causing tenderness and pain. Digging it out or cutting it is not recommended as it can increase the risk of infection. I would suggest soaking your feet in warm water and later trimming the dead skin with a wash cloth. Apply neosporin cream over it after wards. Also you should wear orthotics I your shoes to distribute the weight evenly and decrease pressure on the callus area. Also absolutely avoid wearing high heels till the symptoms resolve. And if you have diabetes or any chronic disease, you should see your doctor as you may need antibiotics.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You did't answer the whole question what is the pea sized yellow thing and I said it really hurts when I presson it.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
Like I mentioned it is most likely an inflamed callus due to inflammation or infection of cells inside the callus. This should be treated in the same way as a callus with redistribution of weight over it. However if it gets hot or painful it may indicate worsening of infection in which case you will need to see a doctor for examination as you might need antibiotics.
Dr. Singh and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions