How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Celeste NP Your Own Question
Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1002
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Celeste NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 35 year old, college educated, son was diagnosed with

Resolved Question:

my 35 year old, college educated, son was diagnosed with "mild add" after his senior year of high school. Recently he has suffered from depression and has admitted to using cocaine and admits he thinks he has sex addiction. He has spent nearly $100,000 on prostitutes and coke over the past 4 years. He is unemployed and completely broke...having blown through all of his savings. Where do we start with treatment: ADD? depression? chemical dependency? sex addiction?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to help you today! Use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
He needs to go back and be honest with his psychiatrist and admit the depth of his addictions. THen he can guide him in therapy for addictions and get him the appropriate medications for depression as well.
Also he needs to have a primary care provider involved in his care by doing a through exam and labs.
The good thing about rock bottom is that the only way is UP! I am so glad that he has you for support with this as well.
Celeste NP and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you