How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Fernando Your Own Question
Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Health Question Here...
Robert Fernando is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 56 year old single male. I have started feeling a

Resolved Question:

I am a 56 year old single male. I have started feeling a slight discomfort in my testicles One testicle does not appear to hang as low as the other. Any ideas?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 6 years ago.
Well, it is normal that- testicles should hang at slightly different heights. Also, If the two testicles hung at the same height, they would be constantly banging into each other. And running would become a pain .
And Each testicle hangs on a cord. The length of the left cord is generally slightly longer than the right, making the left testicle hang slightly lower than the right testicle.
If you notice any pain/ swelling in testicle, then let me know, i will review your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I offered that info for detail. It doesnt answer what may be the problem
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 6 years ago.
I am here to answer your question...
Do you feel any pain in testicle?
Any noticeable lump or swelling?
pain in urination?
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Any past medical issue?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Pain seems to be in tube running from the testicle into my groin area. No lump or swelling no pain with urination and no type of discharge or past medical issues. Discomfort increases with arousal. I have only had the pain for about a week and keep expecting it to just go away but i am afraid it may be something more serious. The last time I had sex was about 2 or 3 months ago with a women I felt would have been pretty safe(mother of 4, divorced).
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 6 years ago.
Well, it can be due to-
Enlarged prostate gland or it can be Prostatitis. These can be the early symptoms of this disease.
To make a diagnose, you should undergo few tests. These are-
Urine test , semen test, Ultrasound of seminal vesicles, Digital rectal examination.
You will be advised management after test. Meanwhile take plenty of fluids, and avoid lifting heavy objects.
My opinion is that you should see Urologist , for tests, and management.
Kindest Regards
Robert Fernando and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you