How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S.A.Alam Your Own Question
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4469
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr.S.A.Alam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After having sex I had a very noticeable amount of blood in

Resolved Question:

After having sex I had a very noticeable amount of blood in my ejactulation. This has never happened before and I did not notice anything in my urine shortly later. The sexual encounter was somewhat aggressive (my penis may have been bent in uncorfortable position at one point) but nothing way out of the ordinary. What should I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question,
Do you have any previous medical problems like diabetes ?
Any history of kidney stones ?
Do you have burning urination ?
How much blood is there ?
Has it stopped bleeding ?
Is color of blood bright red or brown ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have no previous medical conditions or problems no burning in my urination and the blood was more red (not brown). It stop bleeding as I noticed it in post ejactulation.
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your input,

In most cases this problem after 40 years of age occurs due to trauma/injury to the

penis, testis, kidney stones, bladder growths and bladder infections.

As you have a clear history of trauma during the sex so it is most likely reason for your


In most cases this bleeding is mild and does not need to be treated.

If you are having frequent episodes of this bleeding, pain during urination and ejaculation

or you have some sexually transmitted disease then you need to see a doctor for tests

like urine routine test and cystoscopy.

As in your case this was an isolated incidence of bleeding and occurred after trauma to

penis so this should settle and does not needs treatment.

I hope this answers your question.

Do let me know if you have some more questions.

Have a nice day.
Dr.S.A.Alam and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you