How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16308
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Over the last 2 - 3 years the sole of my foot is very sore

Customer Question

Over the last 2 - 3 years the sole of my foot is very sore from time to time. I have been to my own GP and also had an x-ray - the result been that there is some arthritis there. However my GP also advised that many people could have arthritis in their feet if they were x-rayed.
I had orthotics made for my runners and flat shoes but I would like a second opinion. It seems can only were flat shoes but is there anything i can get to put into a higher heeled shoe? I don't meen very high disco heels but just something a little higher for work and meetings etc.
My main concern is what the problem really is or is it just arthritis?
Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Hello, Wilma,

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Many people do have arthritis as early as their 30s so your GP is right about that. Actually there is no way to get a second opinion without seeing another provider in person. The specialist who treats foot problems is a podiatrist or a chiropodist. S/he can evaluate your gait and check for any other problems. S/he can also check to make sure your orthotics are made correctly to improve foot alignment. Orthotics can be made for dress shoes with reasonable height heels. Well-made flats with properly fitted orthotics are always better than heels, regardless of what your physio says. People were not designed to teeter on the balls of their feet in high heels. You can check the site below for a chiropodist in your area.