A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I NEED A PRESCRIPTION FOR MY MORPHINE I USE 15 MG IR AND 30

Customer Question

I NEED A PRESCRIPTION FOR MY MORPHINE I USE 15 MG IR AND 30 AND 60 SR
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Susan replied 6 years ago.

Hello Jacustomer,

I am sorry to tell you this, and I am also sorry for the distress you are in, but no valid or ethical health care provider would prescribe over the Internet. The reason providers would not prescribe without an in person exam is that without the exam, there really is no way to know everything that is happening with the patient. And there is no way to establish a patient-provider relationship; working TOGETHER with your provider gives him/her the best probability for helping you obtain effective and safe medication.

I'm sure you've seen or heard of online narcotics sales...these web sites operate illegally and you can go to jail for buying without a valid prescription. To add insult to injury, studies show the drugs advertised are often NOT good quality and NOT even the medicine they claim to be.

Here is more information:

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/consumer_alert.htm and

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048396.htm

Please see your provider for a prescription for the morphine. If you do not have a provider, and can not afford an exam, there are free clinics that may be able to help you.

Here are two web sites for help regarding finding a free clinic near you:

http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/index.php and http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/GoogleSearch_HCC.aspx

I hope I was able to help,

Sincerely,

Susan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: IT CAN BE CALLED IN I HAVE BEEN ON MORPHINE FOR THE LAST4 YEARS AND WHEN I RUNOUT I GAT CALL IN AND THAN I PAY FOR IT.
IT CAN BE CALLED IN I HAVE BEEN ON MORPHINE FOR THE LAST4 YEARS AND WHEN I RUNOUT I GAT CALL IN AND THAN I PAY FOR IT

Hello Jacustomer,

Please allow me to be clear. I am sorry for your misunderstanding. We at JustAnswer are not your health care providers; this site is simply educational and informational. No one here can prescribe for you as we are not your health care providers. If you do have your own physician, I suggest you call him or her and ask him or her to call your pharmacy and refill your prescription.

I hope that clarified things for you,

Sincerely,

Susan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: SORRY YOU CANT HELP ME.
SORRY YOU CANT HELP ME
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Susan is right and the answer you were given is 100% correct. It is illegal to write or telephone in a prescription for a patient you have not seen and examined in person at some point. You must have this patient-provider relationship established with the patient. That is the rule for every prescription, even a simple antibiotic. [Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act 21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.].,

Morphine is a Schedule II controlled substance and all prescriptions must be written, not telephoned in, except in an emergency. Then the practitioner must sign a written prescription within 24 hours [Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act 21 U.S.C. 353 (b) section 503b]. Those are Federal regulations applicable in every state and territory. Any practitioner who violates the regulations can have not only his license to prescribe forfeited but is subject to legal penalties and loss of medical license as well. Since any prescription not dispensed under these regulations is illegal, anyone possessing such medication is also subject to legal action. If you have been receiving your morphine based on oral prescription your practitioner is sailing very close to the edge if not breaking the law.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.

If it's too late for an answer, why relist the question?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
no dont relist it and i want my money back in was taken on 11/1/2010 and i never clicked ecept i

Money is taken from whatever source you use the minute you click "make a deposit" on the question. It remains in escrow with Just Answer until you click Accept. At that point, part of the funds go to pay the experts for the time they took providing an accurate answer to your question, and the other half goes to Just Answer for providing the site. You can request a refund of your deposit through http://www.justanswer.com/refund.aspx.