Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have a shooting pain in my left arm that started earlier

I have a shooting pain in my left arm that started earlier to day. Pain is so bad I cant sleep. It seems to start below my shoulder and shoots down to my fingers.

It is likely that what you are experiencing is a nerve pain because of a pinched nerve, arthritis, sleeping in the wrong position, due to medication, or a heart attack (less likely given that its been lasting this long, however should not be overlooked). Given that the pain is so intense I would recommend being seen by a doctor as soon as possible to rule these causes out. You will require a good physical exam, imaging, pain medications. In the meantime you can try rest, ice, and elevation to see if that relieves it any.

Regards.