Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Is it possible to get an infection from a pap smear?

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Health
10/28/2010
Health Professional: Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 7 years ago
Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Since most providers use disposable speculums and you have to use clean never used brush or wand collection device, it would be highly unlikely.
You can tell me the symptoms you are having if you want further help.
Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
What if they use the metal speculum.
Sorry it took me longer to reply. The system did not notify me that you replied.
THe metal speculums are sterilized between patients, so if they are doing that then it too should not be a problem.
Can you explain your symptoms more?
Celeste NP
Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner