How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Celeste NP Your Own Question
Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1002
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Celeste NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a female age 62 I have MS which I dont think this has

Resolved Question:

I am a female age 62 I have MS which I dont think this has anything to do with it. two days ago I notice my feet swelling and it has cont. to get worse my feet and legs are quite large. My legs also ache up to the small of my back if I stand for a short time. I also notice I feel a bit short of breath. I take hydor...blood pressure and water pill and I take oxybutin 3 times a day and I have never swelled like this.I feel the pressure to go to the bathroom but I dont empty my bladder.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.



What you are describing needs your physicians immediate attention. There are a couple of concerns that I would consider for you.


Both feet swelling with mild shortness of breath can indicate congestive heart failure. You will need to be examined for this and lab tests with a chest x-ray to determine the best cause of action.


LIttle urine output could be from a kidney or bladder infection or early renal failure connected to the congestive heart failure.


Therefore you really need to contact your doctor or provider without delay.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Celeste, I couldnt get into my doctor until next week, I dont like going to the doctor because I go quite often, but I am not sure what to do. I also feel like I have a lump in my chest to my stomach. I am a bit nervous and home alone. My husband is at work.
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.
Really it would be better for you to be seen. Even if you have to go to an ER. You can wait until your husband gets home but really without the labs and x-rays we can't rule that out.
Celeste NP and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
could you ask for another opinion please... Thank you
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 6 years ago.
I will opt out so you can get another opinion.