How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have this burning when I urinate. It comes and goes when I

Resolved Question:

I have this burning when I urinate. It comes and goes when I eat certain foods and spices. What it can be? Also when I drink a lot of water it is almost gone.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

I need to know some points regarding your query.

How long are you having this?

What is the color of the urine?

Did you have any test or treatment?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have this for one week now. The color of the urine is yellow ( light). I did not have any test .I don't have any illness that I know.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you or the information.

There are many causes of burning in the urine.

Infection of the urinary tract is the most common cause.

Stone or concentrated urine may also cause burning sensation.

When you get the symptoms after certain food, allergy can be a factor too.

You need to do investigations to find out the cause.

Routine urine test can exclude any infection.

Antibiotics will be required in case of infection.

Ultrasonography and allergy test can be done.

Take plenty of fluid which can help to flush out the urinary system and helpful for both infection and tiny stone.

I feel you should consult doctor to find out the cause and start of treatment.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I need to see a Urologist or general MD?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.
First you can see your general MD.

If it is needed, he can refer you to urologist.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.