How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Owen Your Own Question
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Owen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been on Suprax 200mg for the last week as I have a

Resolved Question:

I have been on Suprax 200mg for the last week as I have a (UTI) i believe.
this condition i have had for the last 3 yrs and I already have had my bladder and penis checked internally by a doctor 2yrs ago,all clear
it can be increadibly painful going to the toilet as I feel piercing pain going from my anus to my penis when I urinate.
i dont have any problems going to the NO 2
sometimes it can take a long time to urinate
i believe that Suprax 200mg helped after 4 days but the condition after 6days is 70% back in pain %
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Have you been evaluated for anything else such as STD's, urethritis or IC - Interstitial cystitis?
How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Doctor,

No I hav'nt been checked for anything else and silly of me to carry this pain.

The pain can be intolerable.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
I understand that the pain is horrendous - and you really should be evaluated for all type of pain, because if this was just a simple UTI, an antibiotic such as suprax would have taken care of this, or this might be a bacteria that is resistant to suprax.
So, you need not just a urinanalysis, you need a Urine CULTURE, and I would check your for urethritis, and a STD's - and you might need an antibiotic such as Azithromycin and Rocephine to help. You might have a IC - interstititial cystiis and medications such as Elmiron and Amitriptylene might help.
But you can also ask for 2 days of Pyridium from your doctor as this would probably provide a tremendous amount of relief too.

I hope this helps, if you have more questions, please ask, and Please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated for my time and service to you, thank you very much.
Dr. Owen and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you