Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Am 47 years old and for the past 3 months i have been

experiencing long period (around 13...
Am 47 years old and for the past 3 months i have been experiencing long period (around 13 days long). In addition, I also spot in between periods. Could this be menopause symptoms or could something be wrong?
10/1/2010
Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor

Hello

Since how long you are having this spotting in between periods?

Is there any history of post coital bleeding associated?

Since June 30, 2010

Ok and thanks for your input.

Respected customer, long cycles can occur normally in perimenopausal period ( a period before onset of menopause), but the concerning thing is spotting in between periods. This is not associated with menopause. There are various causes of this sort of spotting like cervicitis, cervical erosion and polyp, endometrial polyp etc.I advise you to see your gynea doctor and you need a speculum examination and ultrasound pelvis to reach final diagnosis. These all are well treatable conditions.

Thanks and feel free for any follow up questions.

Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor
Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr
Dr.Israr, Doctor