How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8577
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

just half way down from the knee an ankel on my right leg..bone..leg

Resolved Question:

i have fallen on my lower leg just half way down from the knee an ankel on my right leg the bone is brusied i had xrays taken no brake or fracture the doctor stated it was a brusied bone. after keeping leg still during the night it is very painful to move in the morning getting out of bed. leg is swollen in calf area and can feel a swelling on side on leg half way down to the ankle. leg tends to swell greater if stanking or walking for any period and is painful to walk. why does the leg swell and so painful if bone is only brusied? can my bone be bleeding?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.

Sorry to hear about this.

When exactly you got this trauma?

Which specialist you have visited so far?

Is this always painful to walk?

What is the color of skin on that area?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
5 days ago
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.


This seems to be a soft tissue trauma. The bone cannot bleed till its fractured, Normal xray rules out any fractured bone and similarly rules out bleeding from bone. Yes this can be a soft tissue trauma with some bleeding inside which has stopped. It will hopefully go away in few days. Right now the course of treatment would be tab ibuprofen thrice daily, leg elevation , icing like you are already doing. But if things continue like the same or worsen then donot ignore this and see an orthopedic doctor because if you have seen a PCP , he might have missed something.


i hope this helps you .


please click ACCEPT if i have answered your question




Dr Hasan

Dr. Hasan and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you