Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I get a chest pain on the left side an the pain comes and

I get a chest pain on the left side an the pain comes and goes but today I eat spicy food in my lunch time and the pain hit me for thirdy min and it went away ? what do u think it is?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Greetings,

Since how long the pain is coming? How frequent ? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test taken?

Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I took blood test and the docter said everything was fine an they took exrays an it might be imflamation .
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

The pain in the left side of the chest can come from reflux of acid, heart disease, costochondritis, lung or pleura inflammation etc. Pain after taking spicy food can be due to acid peptic problem, reflux etc. In that case antacid, nexium etc can help & ibuprofen can make it worse. I would advise to get a review by doctor when the pain is recurring. Doctor can examine you & if he thinks can also consider taking an EKG or other test to rule out heart issue.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.