Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

My stomach has swollen up like im nine months pregnant, and

Customer Question

My stomach has swollen up like i'm nine months pregnant, and i'm not pregnant, the swelling is coming right from underneath the breast, and fluid is leaking from my skin, i'm having trouble breathing, more like i'm out of breath, and i have a massive hernia near the area where the fluid is leaking from. what should i do and what do you think it is? Michelle
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question,

Since when you have this hernia problem ?

Have you been to doc tor for this ?

Any tests done ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have mannose binding lectin defeciency, at the moment i have numerouse clots in the legs, arms, neck, face just to name a few, i am on maximum amount of anti coagulation medication, my face has also swollen massively today, i have had the hernia for a few years now but its getting bigger and bigger, but doctors wont operate as they think its too dangerous because i keep getting more and more clots even though i have had a cage inserted to try and stop the clots moving to the upper body which hasn't been successful. i'm on oxygen 24 hours day due to such damage to the lungs from all the clots, and i'm burning hot now as well, the double my fluid tablets a couple of weeks ago because i was carry so much fluid again but its getting worse

Thank you for your input,

I agree with your doctor that you are a high risk patient for surgery.

As you have developed progressively large hernia and it is oozing now, so at this stage

important is to get an ultrasound test of this swelling to see whether it has some gut

contents in the swelling(hernial sac).

If there are no gut contents then they can wait for surgery, but if ultrasound sees some

gut contents in the hernial sac(swelling) then you may need to be operated on very high

risk consent as gut can perforate in the hernial sac due to ischemia and pressure which

can be a lethal complication.

So you need is an urgent opinion from your doctor after ultrasound test to solve this

problem. If there are no gut contents in the hernial sac then you can wait for some time.

I hope this answers your question.

you are free to ask follow up questions,

Click accept if i have answered your question,

Have a nice day.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you think i should go to the emergency hospital tonight or will it wait until i can see my doctor, do you know what mannose binding lectin defeciency is? I am at extremely high risk of massive infection, i also have a illeal conduit, but i don't think the fluid is leaking from around that area, the pressure seems to be getting worse and my old scar from previous surgery is getting wider and wider, and in the last half hour i'm experiencing a lot of lower back pain and feeling very hot

Thank you for your input,

Yes your condition unfortunately needs urgent care and you need to be seen in emergency department.Where ultrasound should be done to see the gut entrapment in the hernial sac.

I hope this answers your question.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Dr.S.A Alam on 8/16/2010 at 1:24 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
should i drive myself to the hospital which is about 20 minutes away and take a portable oxygen bottle with me or go by ambulance?

NO you should call the emergency team/Ambulance, it is dangerous for you to drive.

I hope this helps.

have a nice day and take care.

Edited by Dr.S.A Alam on 8/16/2010 at 1:30 PM EST