Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I friend had a high blood pressure 170 over 112. The doctor

I friend had a high blood pressure 170 over 112. The doctor put her on Hydrochlorot. After about a week when the pressure didn't go down, he prescribed Lisinopril. After taking both pills for two days her pressure is now 112 over 70. I think something is wrong, I tested the blood pressure machine and my readings are consistent. I think she's having a major cardiac event? Hope I'm wrong.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Wilson :

<font color=BLUE>Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.<font>

Dr. Wilson :

What is happening?

Customer:

Is it possible for her blood pressure to change so radically in the course of a day?

Dr. Wilson :

She could have a change this DRASTICALLY if the blood pressure is working, but decreasing the pressure this quickly when her blood pressure has been elevated for awhile - she probably should be closer to 130/80 for her to feel better.

Customer:

Should I take her to the emergency room to have her checked out?

Dr. Wilson :

Is she is not feeling well, and her blood pressure is making her feel weak and having other symptoms - then I would recommend that she does get checked out in the emergency room

Dr. Wilson :

I hope this helps, If you have additional questions, please ask, and Please click on ACCEPT as this would be appreciated, thank you.

Customer:

Is it possible that her blood pressure can change so dramatically in two days?

Dr. Wilson :

If the blood pressure pills she was given was too much for her, yes, it can change that drastically.