CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Very light headed several times a day almost like aq sinking

Very light headed several times a day almost like aq sinking feeling I am 68 years old and very active holding down a full time job as a winery associate serving , lifting 50 lbs cases and on my feet 8-10 hoursw a day... take blood pressure med carvedilolol 12.5
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Do you feel hot when this happens?

CamilleRN :

IS this happening when you bend or lift?

Customer:

no

CamilleRN :

have you had your blood pressure checked lately? I realize you are on blood pressure medication, but it may be going too low if you are feeling like you are going to pass out. Do you have a blood pressure monitor at home?

Customer:

It even happens when I stand or just sitting

CamilleRN :

can you check your blood pressure?

CamilleRN :

another thought is you may be dehydrated, which will cause dizziness... do you drink aat least 8 glasses of water per day?

Customer:

last check was 135 over 80

CamilleRN :

that's a bit high actually.

CamilleRN :

what about your fluid intake?

Customer:

I drinf at least 32 ounces of water daily not including coffee and two glasses of wine in ythe evening with dinner

CamilleRN :

Wine is dehydrating...alcohol actually sucks the water out of your cells.. so you do need to increase your water intake. Increase it to 8 glasses of water per day and see if that helps you... it very well may. Dehydration can alter your heart rate and cause you to become dizzy.

Customer:

So you feel that i am dehydrated? I will try this , if this does not correct the situation,,,should i go back to my internist and change my BP meds? I just hate to keep going back and paying all the money for just

Customer:

why would dehydration cause this extreme feeling? I really drink a lot of fluids druing the day

CamilleRN :

Dehydration causes an imbalance in your electrolytes. I think increasing your hydration will help If this is related to the fact that you aren't taking in enough hydration. If it does not help, yes, see your Doctor to make sure that the medication you are taking is the most appropriate one for you.

CamilleRN :

and to run some basic lab tests to be sure your electrolytes are in balance.

Customer:

i really drink a lot of fluids during the day, Ice tea, coffee and water, why all of a sudden would this sinking feeling start....I have had it about 4 days and have never experienced it before...I have not changed anything in my eating or drinking habits

Customer:

ok thank you