How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29245
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having issues with anxiety related to stress. It's not

Customer Question

I am having issues with anxiety related to stress. It's not necessarily that I get anxious every day, but sometimes my stress levels reach a point to where I get very shakey, my stomach gets upset, and I just cannot calm down. I have three small children. I don't want to drink all the time to calm down, should I go see a doctor about this? I don't want to be on an antidepressant or any meds all the time, just maybe something for just when I need it? I already am very physically fit and maintain a very healthy lifestyle.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 years ago.


Thanks for your question.

Anxiety is part of daily life.

But, when you resort to drinking to control your anxiety, it is time you seek professional help.

You can start with psychocounseling.

Cognitive behavioral therapy is effective in teaching you the better coping mechanisms during stressful situations.

This therapy works best in moderate anxiety disorders.

Medications can be combined if required for intermittent use.

Hence, you should consider seeing a psychocounselor first.