How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Owen Your Own Question
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Owen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having pain in my lower back. At times it radiates

This answer was rated:

i am having pain in my lower back. At times it radiates around my sides and in my lower stomach. three days ago I had severe pain in the same area that kept me from sleeping. I do have a history of bladder infections and there isn't a reason why my back is hurting, I haven't injured it. I am a post menopause 62 year old.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
What medications if any are you taking?
Are you having more frequent trips to use the bathroom?
How did you deliver your children - vaginally or c-section?
Do you still have your uterus and ovaries ?
Do you have blood urine?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am not taking any meds. Yes, many trips to the bathroom. I had 3 children all delivered vaginally. Yes I still have a uterus and ovaries. It does not appear there's blood. 3 days ago there was a little pain associated with urinating especially at the end

Do you leak urine, or do feel that you have more urgency to go to the bathroom???
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Which is it - leaking all the time, or more urgency?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
A lot of urgency most of the time, but I am drinking a lot of water. A small amout of leakage, mostly right after I have gone.
Thank you - you might have some mixed incontinence and you can try using a medication such as Urispas or Detrol LA for this urge incontience.
Also, you might have a urinary tract infection that has spread to the kidney through the ureters (tubes that connect the kidny and bladder). Also, you might have a stone in the kidney / bladder area -
So, you need a urinanalysis, an urine culture and if there is blood even microscopic, I would recommend a kidney pelvic ultrasound to check for a stone.
In addition, you might have an ovarian cyst - so you should get this pelvic ultrasound to also check your ovaries.
And, you should have a pelvic exam to check for any POP - Pelvic Organ Prolapse - and this should be done by an ob/gyn.
Dr. Owen and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you