How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nomi Your Own Question
Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Nomi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

greenish discharge coming from my eye in the area..tear duct..lenses

This answer was rated:

I have a greenish discharge coming from my eye in the area of the tear duct. My eye is red and sore. I normally wear contact lenses, but have removed them. Do I need a prescription eye drop for infection? Are there things I can do at home to alleviate my symptoms until I can see a physician?
The symptoms are telling that you are probably having a bacterial eye infection.You need antibiotic drops to alleviate that for which you need to see your Physician.However,what you will do at home washing the eyes with plain water 5 times a day till you get an appointment.Use glasses till then and do not use lenses while eyes are infected.Moreover do proper cleaning of your lenses.
Dr. Nomi and other Health Specialists are ready to help you