How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CamilleRN Your Own Question
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4183
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Type Your Health Question Here...
CamilleRN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 27 year old male and have what it looks like are

Customer Question

I am a 27 year old male and have what it looks like are boils on my genital area, one is on the tip of the penis and seems to be growing.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.Does it look like this?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the tip of the penis occasionally gets red but then it disappears, but recently a boil has now appeared on the outer skin and on the out side of my testicles.

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
You may have Genital herpes,whici is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the herpes simplex virus. In most cases it is genital herpes , caused by HSV-2. Symptoms often appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals which break, leaving sores that can take up to four weeks to heal. Although the infection can stay in the body indefinitely, the number of outbreaks tends to decrease over a period of years. I would recommend you see your Doctor for an examination and test so that if it is herpes you can receive treatment. I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can help you further:-)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is the general treatment for Herpes and does it affect having children in the future?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.

Per this is the recommended treatment which is pretty much standard, but before you are sure this is what you have, FIRST go to your Doctor so he can examine and diagnose you:

Treatment with medication is effective in shortening the initial outbreak of the infection, lowers the chance that the infection will come back, and makes any later outbreaks less severe.

  • There are similar antiviral drugs available for the treatment of genital herpes infection, These antiviral medications vary in cost and how often they should be taken. All should be taken for 7-10 days. The patient's doctor may extend the course of therapy if ulcers have not healed in 10 days. Examples of these antiviral medications include:

  • For preventing later genital herpes outbreaks, people with recurring infections also may benefit from the antiviral medications. Treatment is started when the recurrence first begins and continues for five days.
  • For continuous prevention, a few individuals who have frequent outbreaks (generally over six recurrences per year) can only control the outbreaks by taking medication every day. Acyclovir, famciclovir, and valacyclovir are all used to treat recurrent disease. This is known as suppressive therapy. Suppressive therapy has been shown to decrease the frequency of genital herpes recurrences by 70%-80% in those who have frequent recurrences, and many individuals taking this treatment report no symptomatic outbreaks.