Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I have sytemic candida, what I want to know is where I can

Customer Question

I have sytemic candida, what I want to know is where I can get the candisphere blood test, and the comprehensive degestive stool test done privately. I live in Leicestershire, uk.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
How do you know you have systemic Candida?
Do you have an immune problem?
Do you have cancer, leukemia, lymphona?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I also have fibromyalgia, I have done a home spit as I said and all spit floated to the bottom in large lumps. I have also been to an alternative practitioner, who hearing all my sytems immediately diagnosed candida. I have looked up the symptoms on the internet and have the majority of them. When I was ill in my twenties I also have thrush. This time things are much worse, which is why I want the tests to be sure.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
I would actually recommend a Yeast/ Candida/ Fungal cultrure - because it would be very highly unlikely to have a system fungal infection if you do not have cancer, if you are not under treatment with chemotherapy treatment, IF you do not have HIV/AIDS, if you do not have an immunosuppresant disease such as SCID, then the likelihood of have a systemic yeast/fungal/candida infection is extremely remote - so get a culture for yeast, blood, throat, vaginal, rectal and a couple of skin areas and if you do have a yeast infection, then you would need to use a product called Diflucan (fluconazole) perhaps up to 6 months to eradicate this infection if you have one.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Firomyalgia is an immune suppresant illness. My immune sytem is hardly functioning, my liver is struggling to cope, I have to take Milk Thistle every day and my lymph glands are barely working. I'm already on a product which is better than Threelac, as recommended by my specialist.

Tracy Matley

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
Try the fluconazole - and I usually prescribe 1 tablet every other day for 2 weeks, then 1 tablet per week to complete a 6 month course.